Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sneak a Peek with a Peach: {Third Grade Bookworm}

Hey Peaches!

www.thirdgradebookworm.blogspot.com


I'm Abby from Third Grade Bookworm and I'm so excited to have my first post here at The Primary Peach! My Sneak and Peek is a little different, but hopefully you'll like it too! :)


The reason it's a little different is because this year I am not in the classroom. I had the opportunity to try on a new role at my school as the RtI Coordinator and Interventionist. I still spend most of my days with kids (hooray!), but it's in a one-on-one setting with our neediest Tier 3 kids (double hooray!). I also facilitate Tier 2 meetings, Hearing and Vision checks for RtI, and our Backpack Blessings program.

There are still a couple of changes I'd like to make in my office, but here's what it looked like when I left on Friday!



I managed to carve out some wall space for a few anchor charts. My student intervention baskets are all together, my "watch list" is on the wall and I even saved room for a Happy Wall when things get stressful.


My resource bookshelf keeps all of my important stuff in one place. After the first 9 weeks is up, I'm clearing out anything I haven't really used yet and taking it home to put in my office. Which, so far, is going to be the entire bottom shelf. Is it sad that I'm excited about clearing out a shelf? ;-)


When I was in the classroom, I had these baskets (square and rectangle) all over my classroom library. My husband was over-the-moon excited when I took 10 of them back to school to use for my intervention students. :-)


I just finished organizing my supplies this week. Thank goodness for the pressure of a blog post to get some stuff done!


Games to reinforce intervention skills. Most of these came from a Donors Choose grant I wrote a few years ago. I'm so glad I did - I use them all the time now!!


I ordered this file crate on wheels several years ago from Office Max. It is perfect for storing all of my Reading A-Z fluency probes. I love having these sets ready to go. It makes it really easy to pull resources for teachers to use at Tier 2 as well!

That's about it! I hope you've enjoyed our Sneak a Peek series. I love looking into other teachers' classrooms!

Until next time ---